Monday, January 23, 2012

Cross Stitching



 A little history lesson...Cross Stitching is actually the first crafty thing I learned how to do.Many many years ago a friend of my dad's sat me down and taught me, I was 8 or 9 at the time. My mom also many many years ago was into cross stitching, and  a couple years ago I commandeered her cross stitched Christmas ornaments she made when I was a kid ( hey she doesn't even put up a tree so they needed to be mine, I was saving them from a life of sitting in a box and never being seen!) 

Saw the picture above in a Martha Magazine and knew I had no choice but to try it out.



Do not judge the dirty messy desk this was in the middle of my hand made Christmas mania!! You can see some of the supplies needed for this adventure.

Embroidery hoop
Embroidery Floss
Scissors
Embroidery needle
Cross Stitch Fabric
colored pencils

I used the Aida 11 count fabric ( the numbers represent the size of the weave in the fabric, a higher number gives you a looser weave and a bigger cross stitch look)


I followed the directions in the magazine to customize my cross stitch family. I made this one for my Father and Mother in law. They are serious road bikers, and golfers ( and skiers etc) so I added some of their hobbies to the mix..

SO here is one of those times I've mentioned before where I didn't take "all done" photo! I thought I did, but I guess I did not! So I will be emailing my father in law to send me a quick photo of the finished product! Let me tell you, and I'm not one to brag ( HA HA ) but it was super cute!

So who is going to try this??!!
 I have another one in the about half way done and another swimming around in my head  for my own family.

Happy Crafting...
~ Bianca






1 comment:

  1. Super Cutie!!! I can't wait to see the end result... but even without seeing it, I know it will be amazing... just like you!!!

    ReplyDelete