Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Valentine Bouquet

No need for flowers this Valentines Day. I made my own, well they are not flowers with petals and blooms, but a bouquet of hearts instead.  I wont have to take care of them, because I am awful at taking care of plants and have no green thumb! I made a little tutorial of how I made them for those who may be interested..

OK here is what you will need:
  • 18 gauge cloth stem wire ( found in the floral section of Michael's, Beverly's, Joann's)
  • Scrapbook Paper in colors of your choosing
  • Craft Glue
  • Vase for Flowers
  • Ribbon

I used my Cricut to cut out different size hearts, You will need 2 of the same size for each flower, You could make a template or stencil if you don't have the cheater machine..





I put a dab of glue on the corners and middle of the flower


Then I placed the cloth stem in the middle of the heart/flower



Then I placed the other heart on top and sandwiched the stem in between the two


I placed the heart flowers under a heavy book while they dried so they would stay flat.


And here ya go , this was a super easy way to make a nice bouquet that will last the whole month! I added a little sand in the vase to keep the flowers standing straight and some ribbon to make them  feel pretty ...




There are tons of Valentine crafts out there in blogger land, I spend,  ummm hours, I mean minutes a day checking them out. Here are a few that I tried and some  I thought were cute..

I love this one, well all of them.. But this one gave me a new must have crafting supply to add to the list.
Here is the Tutorial  @ How about Orange, You should so try this! Below is her version


and here is mine.. My fabric choices ..

Cutting out hearts..Glad I had a stencil!

Sewing hearts Together



Ta Dah..




Love these, I made my own but forgot to take a pic of them.. Here is the tutorial @ A Life of Perpetual Probability





All you need is love, Love IT! You can make this HERE  @ Primp





This is on my TO DO list!! Need to get done asap.. Here is the Link to the Tutorial @ Flamingo Toes




So much Love and Crafts to share,
Hope you all have a great Heart day with the one you love.

~ Bianca


No comments:

Post a Comment